I have over 7 years of experience teaching art to a wide variety of students using best practices. My academic background has given me the tools to specialize in developing STEAM and arts-integrated curriculums. Throughout my years teaching, I’ve learned how to create and maintain relationships with my students that help them feel comfortable and enthusiastic about creating art.
Relevant Work Experience
Lawson Middle School, Cupertino — Teacher Candidate January 2018 - June 2018
● Developed curriculum as Lead teacher for two 7th grade art classes.
● Incorporated cultural, social, and historical components into the curriculum.
● Encouraged peer participation through positive reinforcement.
Santa Clara High School, Santa Clara—Teacher Candidate August 2017 - December 2017
● Developed a painting unit for students in 9th - 12th grade.
● Collaborated with mentor teacher in designing age-appropriate lessons.
H&J Studio, Sunnyvale— Art Instructor September 2011 - PRESENT
● Instructed small groups of students ages 8-16 in acrylic painting techniques.
● Coordinated, budgeted and lead summer camp sessions.
● Directed end of the year “Art Show” for students and families.
San Jose Museum of Art , San Jose — Arts Educator and Lead Camp Counselor
March 2015 - January 2018
● Designed and implemented STEAM curriculum for students K-3.
● Conducted on-site speaking engagements for youth and adult audiences.
● Lead training events for teachers in surrounding districts.
Visual Arts Standards
Fluent in Hebrew
UC Santa Cruz Division Internship Program Candidate, May 2013
Irwin Scholarship, May 2014
Single Subject Teaching Credential in Art, 2017-2018 San Jose State University, CA
Interdisciplinary Studies MA, January 2018 - PRESENT San Jose State University, CA
BA in Fine Arts, 2012 - 2014 University of California Santa Cruz Santa Cruz CA